Get the latest news and updates regarding frankleon.com.
- Fri, 09 Jan 2015 15:15:00 +0000: Statement of US Labor Secretary Perez on December employment numbers – DOL News Releases
U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez issued the following statement about the December 2014 Employment Situation report released today:
- Thu, 08 Jan 2015 16:30:00 +0000: OSHA orders pilot to be reinstated after being illegally fired for refusing to fly unsafe medical transport helicopter – DOL News Releases
Faced one night with a trip over mountainous terrain in a medical transport helicopter with a faulty emergency locator transmitter, a pilot refused to fly the unsafe aircraft and was later terminated in retaliation for doing so. An investigation by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration followed. As a result, Air Methods Corp. was ordered to reinstate the pilot, pay $158,000 in back wages and $8,500 in damages, and remove disciplinary information from the employee’s personnel record. In addition, the company must provide whistleblower rights information to all employees.
- Thu, 08 Jan 2015 13:30:00 +0000: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report – DOL News Releases
In the week ending January 3, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 294,000, a decrease of 4,000 from the previous week’s unrevised level of 298,000. The 4-week moving average was 290,500, a decrease of 250 from the previous week’s unrevised average of 290,750.
- Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:30:00 +0000: MSHA: Coal mining deaths at historic low – DOL News Releases
Preliminary data released by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration indicates that 40 miners died in work-related accidents at the nation’s mines in 2014, two fewer than in the previous year.* Coal mining deaths dropped from 20 in 2013 to 16 in 2014, the lowest annual number of coal mining deaths ever recorded in the United States. The previous record low was 18 in 2009.
- Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:00:00 +0000: Disability employment advisory committee adds 17 public members – DOL News Releases
U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez today announced the 17 public members who will serve on the new Advisory Committee on Increasing Competitive Integrated Employment for Individuals with Disabilities, a key provision of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Disclaimer: “No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.”